January 7th, 2024 , 2-3PM (ADT) at Halifax Yoga
Prenatal Pelvic Floor Workshop – A Proactive Approach to Pregnancy and Birth with Brittany Klingmann, MSc.PT, and Trena Gallant Lamaze Childbirth Educator, Birth and Postpartum Doula Trainer.
Attention expectant parents-to-be! Do you…
· want to avoid saying “I wish I had known this while pregnant?”
· Want to learn how to prevent or resolve pelvic floor issues that are common in pregnancy but shouldn’t be considered ‘your new normal”, such as leaking with coughing/sneezing/exercise, pelvic pain, pubic symphysis dysfunction, low back pain?
· Want to have an empowered, positive, and informed birth?
Join Brittany Klingmann, Pelvic Floor and Orthopaedic Physiotherapist and Trena Gallant, Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator and Birth and Postpartum Doula Trainer to learn knowledge and valuable information so you can take a proactive role in your pregnancy and childbirth experience. Regardless of whether you’re having a vaginal or caesarean birth, this workshop is appropriate for you!
Through this workshop, you’ll learn:
· Anatomy and pregnancy-related changes to your body and pelvic floor
· The truth about ‘Kegels’ and why they may not work for you
· How to prepare your pelvic floor for birth
· Optimal labour and birth positions (benefits for you, your pelvic floor, and your baby)
· How to use your breath and core during the final stage of labour when baby is ready to arrive