Trena Gallant is a Fellow of the Academy of Certified Childbirth educators, a DONA Approved Birth and Postpartum Doula Trainer, Infant Massage Instructor, Certified Sleep Educator, Child passenger safety technician, Hypnobirthing Practitioner, and Yoga Instructor.
Her passion for birth and babies began at a very young age, when she frequently offered her family pets doula support (much to their dismay) and helped care for the many foster babies who her parents welcomed into their home.
After graduating with her Bachelor of Arts, she began pursuing her education in birth and postpartum, and has been educating and supporting families in groups and individually for over 18 years. In addition to supporting families, Trena felt drawn to adult education, and went on to become a Birth and Postpartum Doula Trainer and established one of only 24 Lamaze Educator programs in the world. Despite her many years of formal education, her most influential teachers continue to be her partner and their four amazing children.
“Trena was like the big sister who has been through it all and was there to answer even the awkwardest of questions.”
~ Dana, Parent
What Trena Has Been Up to:
- Steering committee member on the Breastfeeding Community of Practice
- Completed the Lamaze Breastfeeding Specialist Program
- Completed “Breastfeeding Making a Difference” 20 hour WHO program
- Facilitates parent programs at the Halifax Regional Library
- Facilitates Professional Development workshops at Mount Saint Vincent University for Child and Youth Study and ECE graduates
- Organizes ongoing Professional development for those who complete her professional trainings
- Completed a Holding Space for Pregnancy Loss program
childbirth education • birth & postpartum support • workshops • training